One of the best and most popular ways to get immediate results when you are looking for resources is to inquire on the POD Network Google Group.
The POD Network provides this group as a service to its members and others interested in faculty, instructional, and organizational development. The purpose is to facilitate the meaningful exchange of information and ideas. Subscribers are encouraged to use the group to seek answers to questions, to ask others how they have done something, to inquire about program activities, to post job openings or conference announcements, or even to share “success” stories. In practice, the POD Network Open Discussion Group serves whatever purpose its subscribers deem important and appropriate.
To subscribe or adjust your settings, go to the POD Network Open Discussion Group.
- Go to Google Groups (https://groups.google.com/).
- Near the top left corner, click My Groups.
- Select the “Leave this group” button
- Go to https://groups.google.com/a/podnetwork.org/d/forum/discussion to re-subscribe with a different email address.
Quick tips for google groups:
• To start a new conversation send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic as the subject of the message.
• To reply to the group and the sender (if you get individual messages) use your email clients reply all option.
• To reply to the sender only (if you get individual messages) use your email clients reply function.
• If you receive the digest, click the subject line for a message to view that message on the groups site.
◦ If you are using a gmail address, login to that account while viewing the group to access post and reply functions.
◦ If you you are using a non google account, create a google account associated with that address so you can login and use the post and reply functions.
▪ Instructions for creating a google account for non-google email addresses are available here: http://www.slideshare.net/NotJustCricket/using-non-google-id-with-google-groups.