Starting a Teaching & Learning Center?
Interested in Faculty Development?
Start-up Grant Seekers
If you or your institution has not been a member of POD, POD now offers a start-up grant of $300 to support your initial conversations and planning for a new center.
No need to fill out any lengthy forms. Simply email Hoag Holmgren, Executive Director, at email@example.com. In your message, indicate briefly what faculty development support you are considering, how you plan to use the start-up funds, and information about your college or university. We favor proposals that support and facilitate community-building, including activities that support and/or promote faculty & educational development on campus. Once your proposal is reviewed by the start-up grant committee, you will be notified.
Enjoy Your Fund!
You may use the funds to have refreshments or supplies for an initial gathering of faculty who may be interested in planning a center.
Note that funding is limited.
Recent Start-up Grant recipients
- Michael Degnan, Hilbert College
- Shelley Steenrod, Salem State College
- Mary Romanello, College of Mount St. Joseph
- Tasha Souza, Humboldt State University
- Jackie Giacobbe, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Brigitte Valesey, Widener University
- Brandon Fredenburg, Lubbock Christian University
- Anne Maggs, Northwest Christian College
- Bob Cole, Monterey Institute on International Studies